You Can Help by Becoming a Spotlight on Youth Sponsor!
Funding for CDS programs come from a variety of sources:
- Florida Department of Juvenile Justice
- Florida Network of Youth & Family Services
- Florida Department of Children & Families
- Partnership for Strong Families
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
- United Way of North Central Florida
- United Way of Suwannee Valley
- Individual Donations
Government funding, grants, and foundations have been reducing the amount of money they can offer, so CDS depends on donors.
Most of our counseling and shelter programs are offered as a free (or almost free) service to parents and children in need. Your support is needed to keep these programs going, in spite of funding cuts.
The services offered by CDS are highly cost effective. The cost to society to incarcerate a youth (or adult) is more than $20,000 per year. The youth that are served by CDS possess many risk factors for entering into criminal activity. But helping youth stay out of trouble through counseling and education costs very little by comparison. CDS saves lives, heart-ache, and money! A recent study done showed that every dollar spent on the kinds of services CDS offers, $5.50 is saved in the future because we help redirect at-risk adolescents to become law-abiding contributing members of society.